A quick and easy recipe for Pink Himalayan Salt + Honey Scrub that benefits your skin and leaves your hands feeling incredibly smooth.
Pink Himalayan salt has so many health benefits, whether your are cooking with it, making homemade scrubs and bath soaks or you are using a Himalayan salt lamp to cleanse the air in your home.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PINK HIMALAYAN SALT
Pink Himalayan salt has many benefits that can improve your health and your home. It has been shown to help with,
- cleansing the air in your home
- relaxation + stress relief
- body detox
- insomnia + difficulty sleeping
- increasing your energy
- improving your mood + concentration
- and so much more…
DIY HIMALAYAN SALT + HONEY SCRUB
I love making homemade hand scrubs for myself and it’s a simple gift idea for family and friends. Sometimes, a little hand scrub will remind us that we all need to take a moment and do something special for ourselves once in a while.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 cup of fine Pink Himalayan Salt (I used Dr. Teal’s Pink Himalayan Mineral Soak)
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. of raw honey
- 10-15 drops of essential oil, if desired
WHAT TO DO
- In a small bowl, combine melted coconut oil and raw honey until smooth.
- Pour in cup of Pink Himalayan Mineral Soak and stir. If your mixture is too liquid, add more salt. If it is too thick, add more coconut oil.
- Once all ingredients are mixed, scoop scrub into a resealable container.
- Place at your kitchen or bathroom sink and enjoy!
Note: Since I used the Mineral Soak (which has essential oils already in the mixture), I did not add essential oil to my mixture. If you are using plain pink Himalayan salt, add 10-15 drops of essential oil in your favorite scent to add fragrance to your scrub. Some of my favorite scents are lemongrass, lavender + eucalyptus.
The Dr. Teal’s Pink Himalayan Mineral Soak contains pure Epsom salt and Bergamot + Sweet Orange essential oils that give it a really nice scent. You can also use this as bath soak. Just add 2 cups of the Mineral Soak to warm running bath water. Soak for 20 minutes while the Epsom salt ease muscle discomfort and the essential oils help you relax.
PIN FOR LATER so you don’t forget this small way to treat yourself!